Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Soldier


“Soldier, so young and brave with pure valour, we remember in silence the sacrifices you made to protect our freedom.”

I have always wanted to write a tribute song for Remembrance Day to my Grandfather who served in World War II as a Flying Officer. When I was planning out my project, I decided to expand on the idea and use the song as a vehicle for teaching and learning with my students.


I applied for and received an Equity and Social Justice Initiative Grant through Manitoba Teacher’s Society to create Soldier, a powerful collaborative song mosaic and video tribute which deals with the conflict and sacrifice of war from a child’s perspective.


“Soldier, so young and brave with pure valour, we remember in silence… We remember the fallen, heroes are forever…”



1 comment:

  1. Very moving tribute, good job to all involved!!

    Kevin Tutthill
    Elkhorn School

    ReplyDelete